What kinds of information do we collect?
Our site only collects information you might freely provide. Google gathers statistics and data about our site visitors for its Google Analytics program, some of which we are able to access as is standard for all websites registered with Google Analytics. This may include information to help us provide relevant ads on this site. The types of information collected may depend on how you use this site and what (current or future) features you might choose to use. You can learn always contact us (using our Contact Us form) and ask us to delete any information we may have gathered, however you would have to contact Google directly to request they do the same at (866) 246-6453.
Use of ‘cookies’.
This site uses ‘cookies’ to provide users with the best and most relevant experience. Using this website means you accept this practice and are aware that you have the right to limit or alter website’s access to placing cookies through your browser and/or privacy setting on your computer.
Things you and others may do or provide.
- Information and content you may provide. We may collect the content and suggestions you may communicate to us, including if and when you sign up for any utilities or tools provided now or in the future on this site. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata). We may use such data to better provide users with content, answers and information or better arrange the presentation of our content in order to make our site more helpful to users, site visitors and/or advertisers.
- Site Traffic. We or Google Analytics may collect information about the flow of traffic through our site, pages, content or subjects of interest to various users and groups of users, segmenting that information to better help potential or current advertisers to present ads (both on site and through Google advertising channels) to various groups of users.
- Your usage. We may collect information about how you use our site, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; aspects you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities as users.
Analytics and Demographics.
Online display and retargeting is a form of online marketing that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show offers and promotions based on site visitor’s browsing patterns and interactions with sites other than our own. For example, when you visit a site or given products or services, you may see promotions along similar lines on other sites other than the one you shopped on. Or, as in our case, we may want to review the age range and/or gender of our site’s visitors so we may better reflects the interests of people interested in our site.
To do so, Google registers certain aspects of a site’s traffic in order to allow site owners to see the general profiles of their site visitors. To opt-out of Google Analytics on any website, simply use Google’s opt-out feature.
Websites are now ‘responsive’, meaning they inherently have the ability to adapt to users’ individual device type, screen size and other device specific specifications and capabilities. This allows websites to better personalize the content (including ads) or features you see or use when visiting websites on the internet. Google Analytics also gathers various device, browser and operating related information as is standard for websites associated with Google Analytics. This may include data associated with cookies (an HTTP cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing – Wikipedia)
Information from partners.
There may be information associated with users that is available from advertisers or social media which are used in helping determine segmenting, advertising and marketing trends and/or in tailoring promotional channels, advertising and marketing campaigns to site users or user groups.
How do we use any applicable information?
- Services and content research and development: We use information to provide a better user experience, including what content we present and how it is presented to our site visitors. This includes our content, images, videos and interviews, in addition to any advertiser’s promotions, be they charity organizations, community-related organizations or commercially based.
- Increasing audience. We may use various data, analytics and insight to promote or site in an effort to increase our audience, site traffic or community impact particularly for charitable or community-related activities, events or causes.
Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services.
We use the information we have (including site visitor activity, websites users may visit and ads users may see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads, services and products as well as to understand the types of people who may use their products or services and how people interact with those advertisers. In addition, we may share user trends, site interactions, their site traffic flow and/or experience, and any related segmentation information about users or user groups with advertisers, organizations or businesses associated or presented on our site.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
Communicate with you.
We may use the information we have to provide ads or marketing campaigns to. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners.
We may work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve content or products or services made available or provided through this website to help grow associated or affiliated businesses. We do not sell your information.
Partners who use may analytics services.
We may provide aggregated statistics, segmentation and insights that help businesses understand how people are engaging with our site, its content, videos, pages, specific articles and related data, including implied or garnered assessment of interests. This includes aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their market and/or audience.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 35 and 55 who lives in Madrid and likes chardonnay; or was seen by a group of users in a given segment, of a certain demographic range and/or with various related interests) to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which promotions, articles or ads (onsite or Google campaigns) led users or a user group to commence or take an action with an advertiser, business, charitable or community organizer or event.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, and/or have deleted any data you have freely provided or which was garnered through social media or third-party vendors that is in our possession and to which we have all the legal and statutory authority, ability, and/or permissions and to which we have the legal rights and responsibility to search and/or locate and delete. Simply use our Contact Us form to make your request and we’ll gladly research and delete any such data in our possession and under our authority.
How will we notify you of changes to our policy?
How to contact us with questions.
You can contact us at any time by way of our Contact Us form.