Memorial River Beach
Healdsburg’s Veterans Memorial Beach offers sun bathing, picnic areas, sprawling lawns, BBQ grills, a volleyball net, well-shaded areas, nice changing (and restroom) facilities and outdoor showers to rinse off sand after a day of fun in the sun.
Throughout the summer Healdsburg raises its Russian River dam, and cordons off sections for adults, children and toddlers to swim, splash and play. The toddlers section is right next to the beach and the water is only a few inches to about a foot or so deep. The children’s section goes out a bit deeper to just over head height, and the adult section is outside the buoys for full-length laps. There are lifeguards on duty at each end of the beach, and on some occasions a long, fun water slide is available for small children.
The park’s parking lot can fill by mid-day on summer weekends, however there is additional free roadside parking available nearby; typically across the bridge (towards Healdsburg), then on Front Street which runs along the river just north of the bridge.
• Wheelchairs suitable for all terrain mobility are provided, however their supply is limited. Be sure and ask for help from the park’s staff in acquiring a one as soon as you arrive.
• Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a leash. Dogs are allowed on the lawn and in parking lot, but not on the beach or in the river.
• Alcohol is not allowed in this park.
• Parking for the day inside the park is $7 per car.
LOCATION: 13839 Old Redwood Highway Healdsburg, CA 95448
* Some events are seasonal, so check our “Happenings” calendar for more information, and other events!